Throat Chakra Healing For Beginners: How To Open Your Throat Chakra
As you probably know, learning how to unblock chakras is said to help improve your mental and physical health. However, where are you supposed to start when you barely know what a chakra is, or how to locate one in your body? You might just feel too intimidated to try and learn anything more, leaving your throat chakra to the experts.
In truth, anyone can develop the skills required to work with the 7 chakras, but it’s smart to start with just one. And if you’re going through a period where you want to improve your ability to communicate, there’s no better choice than the throat chakra.
Whether you struggle to articulate your true feelings, can’t identify your own needs, or never feel understood, you likely have a throat chakra blockage.
This straightforward guide will help you learn the key facts about the throat chakra, disseminating the basic principles of throat chakra healing.
What Is a Chakra? Throat Chakra Meaning and Location
Firstly, as any beginner's guide to chakras will explain, everyone has a set of seven chakras. These are your most potent energy centers, distributed evenly throughout your body from your head to the bottom of your spin.
If everything in your life is going well, all of these chakras will be aligned and in harmony. You’ll be happy, healthy, and at peace. In contrast, a blockage in one or more of the chakras can make you feel profoundly unsettled.
Throat Chakra Information Summary
- Physical Location: In the middle of the throat.
- Color: Blue.
- Element: Ether.
- Associated Animal: White Elephant.
- Emotional Issues and Behaviors of Blocked Throat Chakra: A blocked Throat Chakra primarily manifests in an inability to say what you really want to say. You may feel like you’re stuck holding onto secrets, that people don’t want to hear your thoughts, or that you can’t find the right words for your feelings. Once again, a small blockage may mean you only struggle with self-expression at work, or with a particular friend. Meanwhile, a significant misalignment may mean you constantly feel thwarted in communication. Physically, a blocked Throat Chakra may present with pain in the neck, sensitivity to hormone fluctuations, and discomfort in throat tissue.
(Attention: Energy healing seekers, get this incredible ‘Reiki Energy Healing Bracelet‘ for free! Click here now to get yours.)
Balancing Chakras: What Is The Throat Chakra Responsible For?
So, now that you know the answer to the question “What is a chakra?”, we can move on to explore the impact of the throat chakra in particular.
Often called the Vishuddha, this chakra rests in the middle of your neck, right at the throat. It is intimately connected to all your self-expression, so it affects (and is affected by) everything to do with communication.
The throat chakra can impact all of the following:
- Your emotional honesty
- Whether you live an authentic life
- How well you handle conflict or confrontation
- The quality of your relationships
- Your ability to be heard
- Awareness of your needs
In other words, when your throat chakra is open, you’ll be great at making yourself understood. You’ll be able to say what you really want to say, but with tact. You’ll know what you need, and be able to state that out loud in a way that gets people to listen. This type of alignment in the throat chakra has a wonderful influence on both your personal and professional lives, as good communication is vital in all significant relationships.
When the throat chakra is disturbed, blocked throat chakra symptoms begin to emerge. This can happen any time you find it difficult to communicate with others, or anytime someone makes you feel like they’re not listening to you.
Symptoms of a Blocked Throat Chakra
It’s normal to have throat chakra problems every now and again. Even when you become an expert at knowing how to balance your chakras, you’ll still experience blockages sometimes.
In each case, however, you’ll experience telltale throat chakra symptoms that let you know it’s time to deploy your most effective throat chakra healing exercises.
In particular, look out for the following:
- Difficulty saying what you want to
- Lacking the vocabulary to describe your emotions
- Feeling like you’re holding onto too many secrets
- A sense that people don’t know the “real you”
Meanwhile, physical problems caused by a misaligned throat chakra can include one or more of the following:
- A sore throat
- Erratic fluctuations in hormone levels
- A stiff or achy neck
All chakras can develop minor blockages that are hard to understand, so don’t be hard on yourself if you can’t always identify the source. That being said, it’s worth knowing some of the classic triggers for a blocked throat chakra.
The main examples revolve around painful experiences of communication. For example, your throat chakra can be pushed out of alignment by a cruel, negative appraisal at work, or by harsh words said in an argument. You are also more likely to develop this sort of blockage if you were raised to keep your feelings to yourself.
Throat Chakra Healing: How To Open And Unblock Your Heart Chakra
Healing chakras can sound complicated and unlikely, and you might think it will take a long time before you can begin properly opening chakras to treat blockages. The good news is that chakra exercises are nowhere near as obscure as you might suppose. You can learn them very quickly, and they are not any less powerful for their simplicity.
Anytime you work on aligning your chakras, you maximize your chances of creating a happy, well-balanced life. With respect to throat chakra healing, in particular, the throat chakra’s meaning can mean you may quickly find that you see improvements in communication in a wide range of areas. This can be freeing and empowering, helping you to live a more authentic life.
It can also end periods of dissatisfaction in relationships or in the workplace, finally letting you find the words to say what you really feel and think. We’ll explore four especially powerful approaches to opening the throat chakra. All are appropriate for beginners and experts alike.
1. Use Throat Chakra Stones And Jewelry For Healing
Since the chakra colors test tells us that the throat chakra is connected to the color blue. So, any blue jewelry or stones can help you work with this chakra. The idea here is very simple. All you need to do is wear throat chakra stones, or even carry these chakra stones around in your bag. This straightforward act will keep you mindful of the throat chakra and can help to heal it. As you will see in exercise 2, you can also perform a chakra meditation with the aid of stones.
Here are the most popular crystal healing stones, along with their specific meanings:
- Lapus Lazuli: This semi-precious stone is sometimes called the “stone of truth”. Consequently, it’s an ideal stone to use when you’re trying to communicate more honestly.
- Aquamarine: One of the most well-known throat chakra crystals, aquamarine has always represented courage and acceptance. You may gravitate towards this one if you have particularly significant communication issues in close relationships.
- Amazonite: A beautiful turquoise stone, amazonite is said to protect you against negativity. So, try wearing it if you find that your fear of judgment holds you back from being honest.
- Turquoise: Another semi-precious stone, turquoise is linked to boosting confidence in communication.
2. Throat Chakra Meditation And Yoga Techniques
Anyone can pick up chakra meditation techniques for beginners. This means that if you have never tried meditating before, you’ll still have no problem. Ideally, you should do your throat healing meditation once a day for at least 10 minutes, but you may see improvements even if you only practice a few times a week.
Here’s what to do:
- Sit down in a comfortable chair in a quiet room.
- Inhale and exhale 10 times, as deeply as you can. Breathe in through your nose, and then exhale through your mouth.
- Starting at the top of your head, scan down the body and imagine your muscles relaxing as you go.
- When you’ve done this for your whole body, picture a spinning ball in a shade of blue (the throat chakra color). See it sitting at the level of your throat, and imagine it glowing.
- See the blue sphere getting bigger and bigger, focusing on a feeling of openness and relaxation in the throat.
- Allow the energy to disperse through your body, and then open your eyes when you’re ready.
Meanwhile, some of the best throat chakra poses include the baby cobra pose, shoulder stand, and supported fish pose. You can find easy demonstrations of all of these online.
(For thousands of years, lightworkers and energy healers have used specific stones to calm and focus the mind, reduce stress, and foster health and vitality. Find out more and get your free energy bracelet, just click here now to find out more…)
3. Chakra Foods List And Diet Suggestions
These are some chakra foods that promote overall openness and balance. You can help your 7 chakras with these foods even if you don’t yet know much about the specific functions of the other chakras. As a bonus, these foods are very much in line with overall healthy eating.
Think of whole grain foods like brown rice, along with reducing overall sugar intake. However, there are also more precise dietary changes you can make to target specific chakras.
Here are some of the popular throat chakra healing foods:
- Blueberries: Perhaps unsurprisingly (given their blue hue), blueberries are among the most potent foods for the throat chakra. They can be mixed with blackberries and coconut to create a delicious, healing smoothie for the throat chakra. Try consuming it when you know you’re going to have to have a challenging conversation!
- Fruits that grow on trees: Apples, oranges, and all other fruits that grow on trees are traditionally associated with the throat chakra. Experts say this is because these foods symbolize authenticity (due to the fact they only fall from their tree when they’re ready to eat).
- Simple spices: Add salt, lemongrass, or ginger to foods when you’re trying to heal the throat chakra. All of these promote clear self-expression.
4. Throat Chakra Affirmations To Use
Any time you say an affirmation that feels honest and accurate, you’re promoting a healthy throat chakra. This means that you don’t really have to go out of your way to generate throat chakra affirmations. Simply sticking to a daily affirmation practice will go a long way.
That being said, chakra healing practitioners do advise that you also consider adding targeted throat chakra affirmations to your list. Here are some useful ones to consider:
- “I can vocalize my emotions, no matter what they are.”
- “My voice is important in this world.”
- “I honor my true voice, and I let it speak.”
- “I am an empathetic listener and a clear communicator.”
- “When I speak, my contributions are honest but balanced.”
- “I can find the right words in all situations.”
- “Others hear my voice.”
- “I speak my true thoughts with ease.”
- “Let go of doubt about the word I ‘should’ have said.”
- “I am always understood by others.”
When you say these affirmations, do so into a mirror and watch your lips move as you do so. This strengthens the impact your words can have on your throat chakra, emphasizing their connection to communication.
Continue your Chakra journey! Read the next article and learn all about your Third Eye Chakra (and how to balance your sixth chakra!)…