Sacral Chakra Healing For Beginners: How To Open Your Sacral Chakra
All 7 chakras are equally important. Each of them corresponds to different aspects of your mental and physical health. However, you might find it tough to remember exactly which one is which, and you may be confused about how to influence your chakras.
For example, some can become quickly unblocked through unique bodily exercises. Others are best realigned with the help of words, stones, or a change in diet.
To harness the real power of these energy centers, you need to learn the basic facts about each individual chakra.
If you’re working towards creative goals or want to facilitate change in general, it’s wise to get a proper handle on the sacral chakra in particular.
This guide will teach you how to open the sacral chakra, how to deal with sacral chakra blockage, and how to cultivate the skills to practice the most effective sacral chakra exercises.
What Is a Chakra? Sacral Chakra Meaning and Location
As mentioned in the introduction, it’s helpful to picture the chakras as your seven main energy centers.
The lowest, the root chakra, is at the base of your spine. Meanwhile, the highest, the crown chakra, is found at the top of the head. When all of these chakras are aligned and open, you will thrive both physically and emotionally.
Unfortunately, if even just one chakra is misaligned or closed, you are more likely to feel negative and struggle to achieve goals. By working on the sacral chakra, you learn how to tap into your creativity.
The resulting openness will also give you a boost when working with any of the other chakras.
The sacral chakra location is in the center of your abdomen, just a couple of inches below your navel. Sometimes called the Svadhishthana, it is the second chakra and is related to everything about you that is tied to creation.
This means not only your artistic output but also your sex drive, imagination, and potential for personal growth.
Sacral Chakra Information Summary
- Physical Location: In the middle of the abdomen, roughly two inches below the belly button.
- Color: Orange.
- Element: Water.
- Associated Animal: Crocodile.
- Emotional Issues and Behaviors of Blocked Sacral Chakra: When there’s a problem with the Sacral Chakra, you’re likely to feel bored, listless, and uninspired. You may have a low sex drive, and you’ll possibly feel afraid of (or resistant to) change. Physical symptoms associated with a blocked Sacral Chakra can include urinary discomfort, increased allergies, and an attraction to addictive behaviors. These need not be related to drug or alcohol use. Shopping addiction, gambling, and issues with eating can all be linked to issues with the Sacral Chakra.
(For thousands of years, lightworkers and energy healers have used specific stones to calm and focus the mind, reduce stress, and foster health and vitality. Find out more and get your free energy bracelet, just click here now to find out more…)
Balancing Chakras: What Is The Sacral Chakra Responsible For?
Any of the following can influence the sacral chakra (and can, in turn, be influenced by it):
- How inspired you feel
- Your ability to be playful with others
- Your satisfaction in romantic relationships
- How much pleasure you feel in all areas of life
- Your confidence in the things you create
- Feedback on anything artistic
So, whenever your sacral chakra is open, you’ll feel dynamic, stimulated, and full of ideas. Alignment in this chakra also gives you the confidence to make significant changes to the way you live your life.
In contrast, your sacral chakra can be pushed out of alignment or blocked by anything that’s boring, repetitive, or stifling.
In addition, if someone gives you negative feedback about your creativity or sexuality, your sacral chakra can be negatively influenced as a result.
Symptoms of a Blocked Sacral Chakra
Like any chakra, the sacral chakra has the power to make you feel emotionally and physically destabilized. Some of the most common sacral chakra problems and symptoms include the items on this list:
- Feeling easily offended
- Lack of creative inspiration
- Fear of change
- Guilt about the past
- Low self-worth
- Addictive behaviors (including the unhealthy use of drugs or alcohol, but also extending to behaviors like excessive spending, sexual compulsions, gambling problems, and overeating).
Physical manifestations of a troubled sacral chakra include the following:
- Low energy
- Reduced libido
- Bladder discomfort
- Worsened allergy symptoms
It isn’t always possible to figure out what has caused your sacral chakra to become blocked. When considering this issue, however, do keep in mind that anything to do with change, creativity or sexuality can push your sacral chakra out of position.
Some commonplace examples might include sexual incompatibility in a relationship, rejection from a crush, rejection of your creative output (e.g. everything from a business to a novel), and reproductive health problems. Once you cultivate the skills required to realign the sacral chakra, it’ll become easier to notice life events that might block this chakra. You’ll then have a series of techniques to perform that might stop a blockage before it even begins.
Sacral Chakra Healing: How To Open And Unblock Your Sacral Chakra
You’ll put yourself in the best possible position if you learn how to do exercises aimed at opening all of your chakras.
However, even if you only learn sacral chakra techniques, for now, you’ll be better than ever at noticing, and overcoming, blocks to your creativity and vitality.
You may notice yourself feeling real joy for the first time in a long time and experiencing profound inspiration. It’s likely that you’ll also feel your problem-solving skills becoming more refined.
Let’s explore the role of four powerful approaches to realigning the sacral chakra, along with tips that will help you make these exercises work for you.
1. Use Sacral Chakra Stones And Jewelry For Healing
There are specific stones that have ancient links to each of your chakras. All of them can be held in your hand, carried on your person, or bought in the form of sacral chakra jewelry.
Here are the major sacral chakra healing stones worth finding:
- Orange calcite: The sacral chakra’s color is orange, so many of the sacral chakra healing stones are orange as well. Orange calcite is said to enhance creativity, help you move past the emotional barrier, and reunite mind and body.
- Moonstone: Moonstone comes in many colors, but you may want to opt for peach moonstone due to its connection to stimulating the mind. It is also meant to reduce worry and carry a kind of loving energy.
- Carnelian: This semi-precious gemstone has a reddish-brown hue, though it comes in various shades. It is perfect for sacral chakra work because it is the Singer’s Stone. This means it has an intrinsic link with your creativity and artistry.
- Citrine: Citrine stones are a golden yellow in color, and they’re sometimes called the “stones of the mind.” It is also meant to increase self-esteem, which is ideal if your blocked sacral chakra is leading to reduced confidence or issues with jealousy.
2. Sacral Chakra Meditation And Yoga Techniques
Sacral chakra meditations follow many of the same steps as a standard meditation practice, but they usually involve a visualization component that helps you to unblock the power center at your navel.
Follow these steps to do your first sacral chakra healing meditation.
- Sit in a comfortable, quiet place where you won’t be disturbed. Keep your spine straight, and your limbs relaxed.
- Take ten slow, deep breaths.
- Picture a spinning orange circle in the location of your sacral chakra.
- Since the sacral chakra’s element is water, imagine the orange light of the chakra spreading out in rippling waves, slowly enveloping your whole body. Feel yourself warming up in response.
- Do this for as long as you like (preferably for at least five minutes), then open your eyes when you’re ready.
In particular, try Dvipada Pitham, which involves lying on your back and lifting your hips at the same time as you lift your arms up and over your head (supporting your body with the shoulders throughout). This is one of the best sacral chakra yoga poses.
(Attention: Energy healing seekers, get this incredible ‘Reiki Energy Healing Bracelet‘ for free! Click here now to get yours.)
3. Chakra Foods List And Diet Suggestions
All of the chakras respond positively and negatively to your diet, so you can potentially unblock the sacral chakra just by making little adjustments to what you eat. Healthy eating is good for maintaining open chakras, but beyond this advice, it’s also smart to look at foods that are historically linked to your sacral chakra.
For example, sacral chakra foods include:
- Oranges: As mentioned above, orange is the color that represents your sacral chakra, so it’s no surprise that the fruit shares this connection. However, any fleshy fruits can help to keep your sacral chakra aligned. This includes papayas, mangoes, and peaches.
- Seeds: Chakra experts would advise you to eat just about any seed if you want to work on the sacral area. Good seeds include pumpkin, sunflower, poppy, and hemp.
- Coconuts: Bursting with healthy oils and fats that promote cardiovascular health, coconuts can increase your energy levels and get you into the right mood to be creative. As such, they’re a popular choice for people struggling with second chakra issues like low inspiration.
- Broths and teas: Clear liquids have always been said to heal your sacral chakra, so a tasty vegetable broth or fruit tea is an excellent option.
Read more about how you can start a healthy eating plan now.
4. Sacral Chakra Affirmations To Use
You can say them anytime you encounter a trigger for sacral chakra blockage, or when you’re worried that your sacral chakra may already be misaligned.
Here are some sacral chakra affirmations to try:
- “I deserve to experience pleasure and have my needs met.”
- “I am confident that what I offer the world is enough.”
- “It is safe to express my sexual self in fun, creative and healthy ways.”
- “I attract relationships with loving, good people who will support me.”
- “I know I can embrace change and make the best of my future.”
- “Every day, I experience more and more joy and satisfaction.”
- “I am full of inspiration and the potential for creation.”
- “My body is vibrant, and I am comfortable inside it.”
- “I am a strong, creative person and I love what I create.”
- “I am ready for positive change and for deep personal growth.”
Say them when you first wake up, or before you enter a situation that triggers the type of sacral chakra blockage symptoms mentioned above.
Continue your Chakra journey! Read the next article and learn all about your Solar Plexus Chakra (and how to balance your third chakra!)…