11 Things To Remember When Going Through Tough Times
“All of life is a test and we all have our challenges to meet.” —
Everyone goes through periods of feeling stuck, frustrated and low. However, finding a way to emerge from the other side of these experiences is vital to ultimately manifest the life you want.
Here are 11 uplifting and thought-provoking things to remember when you are going through tough times
- Everything changes. Your story is constantly evolving. So, even if you’re not sure what to do to make things better right now, just know that you will not always feel stuck.
- You’ve overcome challenges in the past. You have the power, ingenuity and problem-solving skills to overcome this one too.
- Even when you feel stuck, there’s something valuable to learn from your situation. What can you learn from this one?
- If you think back, you’ll be able to remember a time when not getting what you wanted led to something even better down the road. Sometimes, not getting what you think you want can be a blessing in disguise.
- Allow yourself some time to just have fun. Do something that makes you laugh, be playful and childlike, and spend time with people who know how to put a smile on your face.
- Self-care is crucial to your overall well-being. Being kind to yourself is the best way to promote physical and psychological healing. Sometimes, just taking a day away from your obligations will be what you need to boost your resilience and become “unstuck.”
- Try to shut out the negativity of other people—whether it’s directed at you or the world in general, it’s not worth worrying about. Negativity is toxic, so close your heart to it and focus on your own reserves of positivity.
- You have dozens of unique strengths as a person. Ask a close friend or family member what they appreciate about you, or simply make a quick list of the strengths you know you have. These are the precise attributes that will help you move out of any stuck situation.
- Anything is possible. The world contains limitless resources for you to work with, and the only thing limiting you is your imagination and self-confidence. Believe in the life you want to create, and know that you really can manifest what you desire.
- Truly great things generally take time to achieve or arrive. If you’re feeling stuck because you’re impatient to meet a goal, try to be patient. There will be a good reason why you’re stuck now, and all will be revealed in time.
- Finally, there is always something to be thankful for. Even just a few minutes spent appreciating 3-5 things about your day can show you that you’re not as stuck as you thought you were. And even if you are still stuck, practicing gratitude reminds you that a brief period of frustration really isn’t the worst thing in the world. Be positive about what you have, and you’ll attract more positive things into your life in response.