The Secret Movie (2018) Based on The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
As one of the world’s most famous self-help books around, The Secret was bound to be made into a feature film. This exciting idea has now become a reality. The Secret movie set to be released in 2018!
Starring actress Katie Holmes and based on key teachings in the best-selling book by Rhonda Byrne, The Secret movie is likely to be a huge hit. Not only that, but it will help to spread the truth about how you can manifest exactly what you want from your life. This is, unfortunately, a message many sorely need to hear. We have the latest details below! All brought to you by the world’s largest Law of Attraction community.
Storyline For The New ‘The Secret’ Movie
“Our filmmakers have created a compelling family love story that embodies the principles of The Secret. We intend to make a film as funny, emotional and endearing as its message is hopeful.” – Robert Cort
Drawing from The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, The Secret film aims to craft a story around the core principles of the Law of Attraction. Katie Holmes will be in the lead role. She will be playing a grieving widow whose life changes for the better. The pivotal moment comes when she encounters a handyman during a terrible storm. As she gets to know him, he explains his unique perspective on life… The philosophy that just happens to be at the heart of The Secret.
In other words, he will teach Katie Holmes’s character that we all have the power to create our own reality. He will also help her see how she can tune into, and respond to, the Universe. Consequently, working with the universe to find happiness again. As he will be interacting with the children of the widow as well, we can also expect The Secret movie to make the Law of Attraction principles as clear and digestible as they are in Byrne’s original book. Early reports also say that a mysterious twist will arise when the character of the widow uncovers a link between her handyman friend and her past.
The Inside Scoop…
The scriptwriters and producers say their main goal is to convey a hopeful message in a funny and touching way. Although we’ll know much more when we see the full movie, The Secret sounds like an excellent vehicle for the book’s main messages. This Law of Attraction movie promises to make abstract Law of Attraction principles relatable. It will potentially empower viewers to make real changes to their lives. Make sure to come back here to read our movie review of The Secret in 2018!
The Secret Movie Cast And Crew
“We are thrilled to be building The Secret with such a powerful combination of talent, both acting and directing, all rooted in a truly heartwarming script and the globally well-known book.” – Paul Hanson
We are yet to have a full cast and crew list, but here is what we currently know…
- Katie Holmes: She is most famous for her character Joey in the teen drama series Dawson’s Creek. Holmes is also known for her parts in Batman Begins and The Ice Storm. 38-year old American actress Katie Holmes is an obvious choice for the lead role in The Secret movie. You can also see the charismatic Holmes starring in Logan Lucky (directed by Steven Soderbergh).
- Andy Tennant: Andy Tennant will be the director of The Secret movie. He recently grossed an impressive $98 million with the movie Ever After: A Cinderella Story. You may also know him for his work on Sweet Home Alabama (starring Reese Witherspoon). He also worked on the film Hitch (starring Will Smith and grossing $368 million).
- Robert Cort: Co-producing the movie with Paul Hanson, Robert Cort has produced close to 50 films to date. Cumulatively, Cort’s work has grossed more than 3.5 billion dollars. You may know him from his production contributions to Three Men and a Baby, Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Runaway Bridge, Save the Last Dance and Jumanji.
- Paul Hanson: Hanson is the current Head and Founder of Covert Media. He has produced a number of films in the past. Hanson will be co-producing this one alongside Robert Cort.
- Raja Gosnell: American film director Raja Gosnell was the early choice to direct The Secret movie, back when the project was first developed in 2015. An editor as well as a director, Gosnell’s credits include work on The Smurfs, Big Momma’s House, Pretty Woman and Home Alone Three. In addition, he was a producer for The Smurfs.
- Bekah Brunstetter: Playwright Bekah Brunstetter has written the script for The Secret movie. She currently has the role of executive story editor on Switched at Birth, a popular series on ABC. In addition, she is a producer for the hit drama This is Us. Plus, she is a co-producer for the surreal fantasy serial American Gods (based on author Neil Gaiman’s book by the same name).
- Rick Parks: As a long-time writing partner of Andy Tennant, Rick Parks has helped write the script for this new movie. He famously worked alongside Andy Tennant to create Ever After: A Cinderella Story.
The Secret: History Behind The Best-Selling Book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
Famous for popularizing the Law of Attraction, The Secret is a best-selling book in dozens of countries worldwide. Written by Rhonda Byrne, The Secret has sold more than 30 million copies and been translated into 50 languages. Its message is universal and empowering, helping people take control of their destinies in a new way. It teaches that thoughts shape reality and that it is possible to change your fate by changing your thinking. Although it originally came out over a decade ago in 2006, it continues to gain readers and endorsements today.
In The Secret, Law of Attraction principles are outlined and linked to specific exercises that help the reader make changes. This practicality is one of the major reasons why the book has been so successful. For example, it explains how techniques like creative visualizations can help you better understand what you want. Plus, how you can ultimately create that very thing in your life. Rhonda Byrne also explains the importance of gratitude, a claim that is increasingly well-supported by science.
Rhonda Byrne And The New Movie
Byrne has voiced her approval of The Secret movie, saying she is “so excited”. She hopes the film will not only please existing fans of her work but also change the lives of people who are new to the Law of Attraction.
“This movie will not only be a great thrill for fans across the planet, it's also certain to ripple out and touch millions more people. The Secret book was life-changing for so many and this movie continues that legacy within a stunning piece of entertainment.” – @rhondabyrne
— Law Of Attraction (@The_Secret_Law) January 10, 2018
The Secret Movie Documentary (2006)
The Secret Movie is not the first film linked to Byrne’s best-selling book. In 2006, Byrne oversaw the creation of The Secret documentary. It involved interviews of key Law of Attraction experts and explanation of the major teachings of the book. The new Secret movie is vastly different, with a fictional narrative at its core. This means that both films are extremely valuable for anyone who wants to learn more about The Law of Attraction.
If you’ve watched The Secret DVD, you probably already know that conveys the same basic message as the book. Specifically, if you truly align yourself with what you want, you can attract that thing into your life. The 2006 Secret documentary was particularly inspirational because of its interview style. Viewers were able to see real-life examples of manifestation in action. Its popularity and the exciting, intuitive ideas at its core are some of the main reasons why a feature film version of The Secret is now being developed.
The Secret Book (2006)
The Secret book is uncontroversially the most popular text that teaches the principles of the Law of Attraction. However, despite the fact that Rhonda Byrne brought these ideas into mainstream thinking in 2006, the concept of the Law of Attraction has actually been around for decades.
Manifestation techniques have brought wealth, love, success, and joy to a great many people. This occurred even before the book and movie were released. The Secret book was likely influenced by Thomas Troward’s New Thought work in the 19th century. Helena Blawatsky’s 1877 book of mysteries is the first ever mention of the term “The Law of Attraction”. Rhonda Byrne also cites Wallace Wattles’ book The Science of Getting Rich as an inspiration for The Secret, both in terms of tone and content.