The Law of Attraction and Recognizing Sent Opportunities
While it’s wonderful to think about how you can create your own opportunities when using the Law of Attraction, it’s just as important to look out for sent opportunities—potential signals or signs from the universe that can give you a clue about what to do next. If you’ve been diligently maintaining a daily schedule of visualization, affirmation and dream board work, and are wondering why you don’t seem to be manifesting the things you want, it’s time to think a bit harder about whether you’re simply not recognizing sent opportunities.
Understanding Sent Opportunities
Some people think the Law of Attraction sounds very mystical, it’s actually just all about how energy can work—both inside and outside of us. There is some compelling science behind it, and using the Law of Attraction its full potential involves learning how to be attuned to that energy. So, when we get the things we want (such as money, love, or a fantastic new job), they haven’t appeared by magic. Rather, we kick start the process of achieving these goals by fully understanding what it is we want, why we want it, and what it would look like. That final component—knowing what your dream life looks like—is attained and enhanced by daily visualizations, and by working to believe that you can have the life you want. In response, the universe can start putting changes in motion that will end up with you achieving your goal, but you need to look out for the signs that indicate you’re on the road to success.
For example, think of the old parable about the man in the flood—he declines a car ride, a boat ride and a lift in a helicopter, all because he believes that God will save him. When the man inevitably drowns and asks why he wasn’t saved, God replies that he sent the man a car, a boat and a helicopter! Regardless of whether you’re religious, you can take an important lesson from this story—namely, that sometimes we’re looking right at the solution to our problems and yet somehow can’t see them.
How to Recognize Sent Opportunities
Now that you have an idea of what sent opportunities are, you might be wondering how you can start to improve your ability to recognize these opportunities. Well, the first thing you need to do is let go of preconceptions about how your dreams will come true. Keep visualizing the outcome you want and reinforcing your beliefs that the outcome is possible, but don’t fall into the trap of fixating on the method by which you will reach that wonderful destination. For example, your dream of love might involve meeting someone through your profession (say, at a conference or other networking opportunity), but if you focus on this then you’ll be blinkered to the possibility that your ideal partner might be standing right in front of you at a bar or introduced to you by a mutual friend!
Here are some events that could very well be sent opportunities that warrant a second look:
- A stranger who strikes up a conversation when you just happen to be seated next to each other on a plane or train. Could this person have something to teach you, or offer a lead to the goal you want to achieve?
- A poster that just happens to catch your eye. Is it advertising an event that you could attend, even if it’s not normally something you’d make time to go to? Sometimes, we’re subconsciously drawn to things that can improve our lives and facilitate our aims.
- Recurring dreams that seem to suggest you do something in particular—whether it’s go somewhere, learn something new, or change something about your daily habits.
- A sudden impulse to walk a different way to work, or take another route to the grocery story. You never know who you’ll meet on the way, or what will inspire you!
- Randomly reconnecting with someone you haven’t seen for years, especially if it’s someone you associate with positive memories from the past. People often reappear in our lives for a reason, so think about what reason there might be for you to bump into (or hear from) a figure from your history.
These are just a few examples that have commonly been reported by people working with the Law of Attraction. However, almost anything can be a sent opportunity, so you have to keep your mind attuned to the exciting idea of possibility. The real heart of recognizing sent opportunities is being truly open-minded and trying to explore absolutely all opportunities that just might lead to you manifesting the life you desire. Only by doing this will you be able to stop yourself from closing off potential avenues to love, success or abundance.