How To Release Resistance When Using The Law Of Attraction
When you first start learning about the Law of Attraction, it’s thrilling. You suddenly develop a much more expansive self of your own potential and begin to seriously consider ambitions that you used to dismiss as unrealistic fantasies. However, for many people, manifestation isn’t as easy as it sounds… at least at first.
While part of you is setting these amazing goals, another part of you may be pushing back and making it hard to manifest your ideas. This Law of Attraction resistance is extremely common, but it’s also deeply frustrating. So, how can you overcome Law Of Attraction resistance quickly and efficiently, clearing your path to success?
We’ll consider how to release resistance, working through a four-step plan that moves from a stage of careful self-reflection to one of properly moving on. Throughout, we’ll talk about common personal obstacles you may encounter. Plus, you can learn how to push past those blocks in order to manifest the life you deserve.
What Is Resistance?
Firstly, you need to work out whether the manifestation obstacles that you’re facing really do come from the type of resistance described in this article.
In sum, Law of Attraction resistance means having a belief or thought that is inconsistent with your stated manifestation goal. What this means is that you might look like you’re doing everything right, practicing all the key techniques like daily creative visualization, designing your own affirmation statements and creating vision boards. However, if even one part of your mental life is out of sync, this could have enormously negative consequences.
If you are vibrating on a frequency of lack or doubt, you could, ultimately, fail to manifest your dreams. We should be, instead, aiming for a frequency of consistent confidence and abundance.
Perhaps you’re reading this and thinking “Well, I’m not managing to manifest anything, but I don’t have any negative thoughts holding me back”. If so, it’s worth considering that limiting beliefs can be subconscious rather than conscious. Therefore, sometimes it takes careful thinking and uncomfortable reflection in order to work out whether you are blocking your own success at some level.
Rest assured! It is, in fact, possible to face and ultimately overcome this manifestation resistance. In fact, most Law of Attraction practitioners have struggled with exactly the same problem at some point. After all, we often receive messages in life that tell us we are restricted, or undeserving. With time and careful work, you can rewrite the resisting parts of your mind. Consequently, you could boost your vibration on a permanent basis.
Release Resistance In 4 Steps
There are four broad steps to the process of moving past Law of Attraction resistance, each of which involves particular sub-goals. As we look at each step, we’ll refer to example cases that will help you better identify and work with the resistance you may be facing in your own life.
1. Identify Resistance
How hard you have to work in order to identify the signs and sources of your resistance depend on how explicitly you contemplate your own limiting beliefs. Look out for the following common issues:
- Avoiding joy. While it might sound absurd to think you could be avoiding joy, reflect on whether you resist opportunities for growth, positive change or advancement.
- Addictive patterns. These need not be related to alcohol or drugs. Addictive patterns can be anything that you compulsively repeat even when you know it’s self-destructive. This could range from over-spending to isolating yourself, forming relationships with toxic people and taking excessive risks.
- High levels of stress. Although stress often comes from the world around us, there’s a reason why some of us gravitate towards the types of situations that produce extreme stress. You might notice this at home, at work, or socially.
- Procrastination. Resistance often makes itself known in lots of small behaviors that add up to avoiding real progress towards your goal. So, if you regularly find yourself doing chores instead of manifestation work, there’s a good chance you’re working with an internal block of some sort.
- Minimizing your goals. If you downplay your Law of Attraction goals to others, this both expresses and reinforces resistance. It sends out a signal that you’re not really that serious about what you claim to manifest and underlines an overall lack of trust in the universe.
Once you realize how and when your Law of Attraction resistance is showing itself, make some notes about this. If you do so, it’ll be easier to identify patterns that clue you into the sources of (and solutions to) your limiting beliefs. Try to think about when these behaviors first started to develop, too. Think about whether you’ve seen them come and go in episodes throughout your life.
P.S. Another great way to identify and clear resistance is our LOA Quiz! It can help you find out what ‘one thing’ is stopping your manifestation success… Click here now to take the 60-second test!
2. Understand Your Resistance
Law of Attraction resistance is intimately linked to the broader phenomenon of psychological resistance. Personal resistance is different for everyone, but there are certain common factors in play.
For example, sometimes resistance comes from fear of the unknown or fear of change. So, you may block yourself from moving on simply because part of you would prefer to stick with “the devil you know”, even if you’re unhappy. Are you scared of change? You can remove the power of the unknown by asking yourself what the worst possible result could be. Often, it’s something you can handle. In addition, consider the flipside; what’s the best thing that might happen if you go ahead and let radical change into your life?
Resistance is also frequently related to low self-esteem. There may be part of you that doesn’t believe you deserve everything that the Law of Attraction could bring you! There, you may self-sabotage in order to confirm your worst fears. While this isn’t rational, don’t underestimate the work that your inner critic will do in order to bring you down!
If this sounds familiar, ask yourself what your inner critic says. Also, consider whether this voice sounds like anyone you remember from the past. Many people have internalized a harsh, punitive figure from childhood. Sometimes we accidentally allow our memories of toxic people to hold us back from success in the present.
It’s also worth noting that some people resist manifestation because they still feel conflicted about whether they should believe in the Law of Attraction. If you sometimes struggle to take the concept seriously, try to read more success stories and explore articles on the concrete science that grounds manifestation principles. If you can find a way to understand and make sense of them, your resistance levels will naturally fall as a result.
3. Take Action
Part of taking action involves not only identifying obstacles but making plans to overcome them. While the reflective and critical thinking exercises discussed above will help you get a solid sense of the source and nature of your resistance, the next step is active strategies to propel yourself forward. For example, consider the following…
- Meditation: Studies show that regular meditation actually changes the way your brain works, helping you to regulate your emotions (especially unpleasant ones). In addition, meditation and mindfulness help to ground you in the present moment. This is, in turn, very useful if you’re prone to anxious or negative thought spirals that reinforce resistance.
- Therapy: Keeping a diary and talking to friends can help a great deal. However, there are unique experiences that you can only have in therapy. This includes the support, compassion, and neutrality of a third party observer. In addition, they may set you other challenges in order to help you grow.
- Reiki: Sometimes called energy healing, reiki practitioners offer hands-on healing that aims to reduce stress and induce relaxation. The practice is said to help balance body and mind. Therefore, it may be a great idea if you feel blocked or tense in any way.
- Changing jobs: Is your job part of what’s keeping you stuck? Be honest with yourself about whether it’s reinforcing resistance by lowering your self-confidence, sapping your energy or surrounding you with people who drain you of your resilience. While it might not be practical to change jobs overnight, you can at least start to pursue new leads.
- Moving: While it may seem extreme, the place you live can drain you in the same way as an unproductive and ill-fitting job might. Ask yourself why you are in the place you currently are, and if you want to consider starting afresh somewhere new.
4. Reflect And Move On
The final stage of your quest to clear resistance involves making a clean break with guilt, regret, and self-recrimination. We have all made decisions that in retrospect we view as wrong. However, you’ll be healthier and happier if you can accept these experiences as necessary parts of your journey rather than terrible failings. In fact, if you read Law of Attraction success stories (a process recommended above!), you’ll notice that many of the world’s most successful people attribute their happiness at least in part to painful errors they made earlier on. Trust that the universe guides you where you need to be; forgive yourself for not always getting everything 100% right.
As long as you learn a useful lesson, nothing you do or say is ever wasted. If you take one message from this discussion of forgiveness, let it be this: no one is perfect, and that you don’t need to be perfect in order to deserve the very best that life has to offer.
Lastly, move on with sincere and potent gratitude. Each day, try to connect with reasons why you appreciate the life you lead, the people in it, and the direction in which you are heading. Using a gratitude journal can be a great way to ensure you consistently occupy this mindset! However, a meditative exercise can be just as effective.
Simply spend five minutes in the evening breathing deeply. At the same time, try thinking about five things that brought you joy throughout the day. Remember that these focuses of gratitude may be big gestures or powerful interactions, but they will usually be simple pleasures. When that habit becomes second nature, you begin to see beautiful things everywhere you go. This creates a welcoming vibration of abundance; one that boosts manifestation potential and helps you get the most from your Law of Attraction work.
Take This 60 Second Quiz And Find Out Now! Plus Receive A Free Abundance Reading And A Free Video Lesson
Free Law Of Attraction Quiz:
What 'One Thing' Is Holding You Back From Using The Law Of Attraction Effectively?
Take This 60 Second Quiz And Find Out Now!Click here to take the free quiz now
Plus Receive A Free Abundance Reading And A Free Video Lesson