10 Quotes To Help Kick Negativity to the Curb!
Negative thinking is something we are all familiar with. It is without a doubt THE biggest obstacle standing between us and what we want most.
The biggest problem with negative thinking is that it can begin with one tiny, neglected negative thought. And the difficult thing is, the more you try to shake the thought from your head, the more you begin to obsess about it – leaving you trapped in a cycle of increasingly negative thinking.
The good news however, is that your thinking is one of the few things in life that is completely within your control!
So why not choose to seek out more positive inspiration in your life – be it in other people, art, a hobby or general everyday life – as the perfect tonic for any negativity that threatens to swamp you down?
Here are 10 quotes to help get you started…
1) “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf.” – Jon Kabut-Zinn
2) “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” – Alphonse Karr, A Tour Round My Garden
3) “If you don’t get everything you want, think of the things you don’t get that you don’t want.” – Oscar Wilde
4) “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.” – Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
5) “If you are positive, you’ll see opportunities instead of obstacles.” – Widad Akrawi
6) “If you have good thoughts they’ll shine on your face like sun beams and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl
7) “Stay positive, all other choices are pointless punishments to your psyche.” – Joe Peterson
8) “I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.” – Mark Twain
9) “If you can change your mind, you can change your life.” – William James
10) “If we are not currently experiencing the danger of war, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, the pangs of starvation, we are ahead of some 500 million people in the world.” – Unknown
What’s your favorite? How do you overcome negative thinking?
Share your thoughts with everyone in the comments below!